The same as the C4D Open command from the “File” menu. The difference is that you can drag and open multiple files from Connecter.
Merges the file that you are dragging from Connecter and locks it to the cursor position.
▪ You can skip the popup menu and directly start the merge function by holding CTRL, while dragging a file from Connecter.
▪ Left mouse click clones the object that was merged.
▪ CTRL + Left mouse click will increment the H rotation of the object by 90° clockwise
▪ CTRL + SHIFT + Left mouse click will increment the H rotation of the object by 45° clockwise.
▪ Holding SHIFT will align the objects X or Z position to the last placed one
The same as the Cinema 4D Merge command from the “File” menu. The difference is that you can drag and merge multiple files from Connecter.
You can select which type of object to merge in the scene. For now, Generators, Modifiers and other special objects are always added.
▪ Empty Nulls
Replaces the object that was under the mouse when you stopped dragging from Connecter.
▪ If the targeted object has child objects, a dialog is displayed with the option to keep or
▪ If the targeted object is an “Instance” object, a dialog is displayed with the option to
replace the source object of the instance or to replace only this particular “Instance” object.
▪ If the targeted object has instances, their source object is automatically replaced with
the new one, so they don’t lose the geometry.
Replaces the selected objects with the object being dragged from Connecter.
▪ Same rules from “Replace target” also apply to this function.
Import only the materials from the object being dragged from Connecter.
Shows the current version of the plugin.
▪ Fix Z/Y axis
It is common that the object from 3DS MAX has the Z-Axis pointing Up. This fixes it.
Enabled by default, but you can disable it if you have some special case where you
want to keep the object rotated or the axis flipped.
▪ Enable placing on objects surface.
By default, the new object will be placed on the surface of the object that is
currently under the mouse cursor. You can disable this behavior from here.
▪ Ignore objects by polygon count.
For optimization purpose, you can enable this option so objects that exceed the
polygon limit will be ignored and their surface will not be calculated and taken into
account when placing the new object.
Some general directions and known issues:
• If some error is encountered, a log is generated.
• Generally, the merge operation is canceled/stopped by pressing the ESC key. Sometimes Cinema 4D
can’t catch the keyboard input and that’s why a trashcan icon was added to the upright corner
of the viewport. You can click that to cancel/end the operation.
• If the new object is rotated 360° in any of its axis – the rotation is set to 0°. This was done because
it was causing some problems when replacing objects and when fixing the Y/Z axis
• When merging object with the clone function, the material preview is not rendered until you
end the operation. This was done for optimization purposes.
• All texture paths are converted to absolute paths. This is tested for Native, Vray, Corona materials. It was reported that Octane also seems to be working.